Poached eggs make for yummy breakfast dishes, salads and eggs Benedict. They are much healthier than fried egg because they do not make use of butter or oil. Learning how to poach an egg takes a little practice but it is actually quite easy.
- 1 What you will need:
- 2 Procedure
- 3 6. Remove the egg from the water.
- 4 Tips
- 5 Useful Links
What you will need:
- Fresh eggs
- Pot or deep pan
- Small bowl
1. Put water in the pot and add 1 teaspoon of vinegar.
2. Allow the water to boil.
3. Carefully crack one egg on a small bowl.
- Cracking directly on the boiling water could cause the egg to splatter and not get a good shape.
4. Use the ladle to spin the water.
5. Drop the egg and cook for about 5 minutes.
- The cooking time depends on the size of the egg. It can cook as fast as 3 minutes.
- The egg is cooked when the white and yellow do not look runny anymore. It will look like sunny side up egg but paler and not oily.
6. Remove the egg from the water.
- Vinegar helps coagulate the egg to make it look better.
- Adding apple cider vinegar or other herbs can help improve the taste of poached egg.
- Using milk instead of water for boiling the crack eggs will give it a richer taste.
- Some like to use an egg shaper when poaching too.
- Beginners should poach eggs one at a time but later poaching can be done with two or three eggs simultaneously.